Friday, January 16, 2009

Support from Affar

It is a horrible pain to try and comfort someone over text messages. Have you ever tried? It is both sad and not very effective. Being separated and unable to console the one you love is horrible. Being young and without money is a serious pain, but its important to have an education right? Sometimes I wonder if the cost is worth it, and I don't mean the financial cost (though that is pretty high as well). I'm referring to he cost of stress from worrying about the one you love walking around through the bad parts of town, hundreds of miles away to go to a job where she's treated like a third world sweatshop worker. Of course why not get help from family? Well that should be obvious, if you aren't a parent just put yourself in their shoes. Reunite a young couple through great expense of your own, when you are already putting so much money into funding their education? What is likely to happen to that young couple? Most likely not stay together or distract each other from their work. Those are the general thoughts of any parent, and honestly, that's good. From the point of view of the young couple, it blows big time. Especially when you worry about that significant other so much it can detract from health and school work, of course you don't share such information (those thoughts would just be brushed off as crazed young love, even if you never grew up as a kid). I think this rant has gone on long enough. Bottom line here is I wanna be reunited with my significant other, and honestly it would be for the better. Although, her education would probably be slowed down again, but if its the last thing I do she's getting her degree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Part of being young is not having the perspective of being around the block a few times. Time can be a bit relative. When you are in the waiting place it is very frustrating.

Angela said...

"A guy born and raised to save or take over the world, haven't found out which really. "

I LOVE LOVE this statement!!When I first read it, I thought, why can't you do both!!

Popped over from Coffee Beans' blog and I'm glad I did..I'm going to add you as one of my favorites on my blog!! Love your writing and your thoughts..keep sharing!!